Tent Construction & Operation PermitsDownload Tent Permit Application
Tent permitting within the City of New Bern is a two-step process. While you will only need this one application, there are actually two permits involved: one to construct the tent, and one to operate the tent. The steps involved are as follows:
- Submit the completed application along with $150.00 fee* ($75 for construction permit & $75 for operations permit.) Payments can be made via cash or a check made payable to New Bern Fire-Rescue; unfortunately we cannot take credit cards at this time.
- If you have not previously submitted the Certificate of Flame Resistance for the tent(s) you will be using, you must include the Certificate(s) with your application
- A Fire Inspector will look over the application and accompanying paperwork, and when approved, you will be contacted to pick up your Tent Construction Permit.
- Construction Permit MUST be posted on-site while tent is being erected.
- Based on the date & time you provide on your application regarding the construction of your tent, an Inspector will visit your site to inspect your tent. The Inspector will provide you with the Tent Operation Permit upon successful completion of the inspection.
- Operational Permit MUST be posted on-site for the entire time the tent is up.