Support Services encompasses all services that are not typically provided by the Patrol District, Criminal Investigations Units, or the Office of Professional Standards. Barbara Morlock is the Civilian Supervisor in this department.
Information Services Unit
The Information Services Unit consists of a supervisor and three authorized Police Service Technicians.
Their primary duties include:
- Front desk staffing: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
- Data entry & verification for records management.
- Providing data to the State Bureau of Investigation.
- Preparing statistical data relating to criminal activity trends.
- Providing reports to officers upon request.
- Providing criminal records checks.
- Receiving taxi cab permits.
- Maintaining Warrants and Court Orders.
- Serving subpoenas.
- Assist the general public and complete minor reports.
- Answering the telephone switchboard.