The City collects Bulk Waste and yard debris on the same day. See below for the route schedule and more information,
or feel free to give Sherri Baldree a call at (252) 639-7501
- Appliances such as freezers, refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters: remove doors or secure doors in a manner that ensures no access to the item. We do accept furniture such as sofas, tables, and mattresses and small appliances such as microwaves, toasters, and vacuums. Paint cans that are empty and have lids removed (paint must be dried out) are also acceptable. Tires that have been separated from rim are acceptable as well as clothing that has been bagged (no trash sticker is required for bagged clothing). Check with local charities regarding donation of clothing.
- Small amounts (4 linear feet total) of clean wood that is not treated, painted, or stained. No nails, screws, hardware, or other material can be attached. Pallets, wood shipping containers, and fence materials that have not been treated, painted, or stained are accepted; wood shipping containers and fence material must be cut or knocked down to a size no larger than 48 inches by 48 inches, and stacked neatly to allow route truck to collect. Call (252)639-7521 three days before scheduled route day to schedule collection of pallets, shipping containers and fencing.
- No electronics (computers, televisions, printers, etc...) will not be collected. Tires on rim, partially filled paint cans, propane tanks, and other hazardous material is unacceptable.
- Any demolition or construction debris: large amounts of lumber; carpet, carpet padding, or other flooring materials are unacceptable. Treated, painted, or stained wood; treated lumber used in gardens; mirrors, glass, cement, concrete or brick items, roofing shingles, sheet rock, window frames or doors and railroad ties are also unacceptable. Demolition, remodeling or construction debris should be removed by the contractor or homeowner. It can be taken to one of Craven County's convenience centers (252-636-6659).
- Bulk waste from commercial businesses or contractors will not be collected.
- Bulk or yard waste having any unacceptable items mixed in will not be collected.
Place bulk waste out by 6 a.m. on your scheduled day in one neat pile away from your residential trash cart, recycling container, car, guide wires, trees, fences and away from power or utility sources (in ground or overhead). Do not place in the street or on the sidewalk.
Leaf & Limb and Bulk Waste Schedule & Pickup
Loose Leaf Route Map & Pickup ZonesThis service is available November through February. To find out which zone you're in, click here. To find out approximate pickup days, call Public Works at (252)639-7501.
|Zone 1||Zone 4||Zone 7|
|Zone 2||Zone 5||Zone 8|
|Zone 3||Zone 6||Zone 9