The Utility Control Division is our communication center. We man the telephones 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Electric service customer problems are handled through this area.
Crews are dispatched from this location to restore electric power. The division performs load management operations and monitors the City water and sewer system and also dispatches crews for water and sewer problems after hours and on weekends.
Control also assists with the duties of other departments, such as the Water and Collections areas, after 5 p.m. and on weekends and holidays. Power can be restored for non-payment during these off times when the customer meets specified criteria.
- Street & area light outages
- Power outages
- Downed power lines or utility damage
- Load management problems
- Water & collections procedures after 5 p.m. and/or 24 hours a day during holidays & weekends
Or, email us at Control@newbern-nc.org and include:
- Your name & address (or a brief description of the location if address is unknown)
- Your phone number with a short summary of the problem