Search Search Toggle
Slider Accent

SBA Resources


    Deadline to apply is June 14, 2019 (economic injury).
    New Bern's local Small Business Administration Recovery Center is
    located at Centenary United Methodist Church at 309 New Street.  
    Google Maps location here. Operating hours are Monday-Saturday from

    Hurricane survivors, renters, and businesses can get help online or by
    Need help completing SBA forms? Call or visit Craven Community
    College's Small Business Center, 800 College Ct., (252)638-1166.


What types of loans are available?
  • Business Physical Disaster Loans – Loans to businesses to repair or replace disaster-damaged property owned by the business, including real estate, inventories, supplies, machinery and equipment.  Businesses of any size are eligible.  Private, non-profit organizations such as charities, churches, private universities, etc., are also eligible. 
  • Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) – Working capital loans to help small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster.  These loans are intended to assist through the disaster recovery period.   
  • Home Disaster Loans – Loans to homeowners or renters to repair or replace disaster-damaged real estate and personal property, including automobiles.
Other Resources:
Learn About More than 70 Forms of Assistance from 17 Federal Agencies
FEMA: Fill Out Your SBA Loan Application or You Could Be Leaving $$$ On the Table

SBA: Info
SBA: The Facts About Economic Injury Disaster Loans for Small Businesses
SBA: Presidential Disaster Fact Sheet
SBA: Business Info SPANISH
SBA: Help for Nonprofits & Faith-Based Organizations
SBA Homeowners/Renters Info SPANISH
SBA Presidential Disaster Fact Sheet SPANISH

USDA: Hurricane Florence Displaced Household Fact Sheet
FEMA: Why It's Important to Return the SBA Loan Application

Disaster Tax Relief
Survivors of Hurricane Florence may qualify for tax relief from the Internal Revenue Service. Taxpayers may be eligible for deadline extensions to file returns or pay taxes, and may be able to claim qualified disaster losses. The IRS may waive fees and expedite requests from survivors. To download forms and publications, go to or call 800-829-3676. For general tax questions, call 800-829-1040. 

Disaster Assistance for Farmers and Ranchers 
Farmers and ranchers are also eligible to apply for disaster assistance for damage or losses from Florence. Along with FEMA grants and SBA loans, farmers and ranchers are eligible for emergency loans through the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency (FSA). Eligible losses covered by emergency loans and other programs may include crops and livestock. For more information go online to or visit the nearest FSA office.

To go back to the FEMA Resources page, click here.

To visit the City of New Bern hurricane information page, click here.