Special Event PermitsDownload Special Event Permit Application
Please email your application, plans and any other documents to FirePlans@newbernnc.gov.
Special Event Permits allow the applicant to conduct an operation or a business for a prescribed period of time. Special events that require this type of permit, along with the *fee for the permit include, but are not limited to:
- Campfire for warmth or cooking - $75.00 for permit
- Also required: a simple sketch detailing fire location and location of water sources (buckets, hoses, etc.) to put out fire if needed. Drawing can be a simple pencil sketch on copy paper, it does not have to be professionally done.
- Covered Mall Building - $75.00 for permit
- For the placement of retail fixtures and displays, concession equipment, displays of highly combustible goods and similar items in the mall
- Displays of liquid or gas-fueled equipment in the mall
- Use of open-flame or flame-producing equipment in the mall
- Fairs and Carnivals - $75.00 for permit
- Fireworks Displays - $125.00 for permit