2023 Ice Skate Rink Schedule :
- Friday, November 24th, 1pm – 8pm - OPENING DAY
- Saturday, November 25th, 10am – 2pm and 4pm – 8pm
- Sunday, November 26th, 1pm – 7pm
- Friday, December 1st, CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC – Chamber Night
- Saturday, December 2nd, 10am-2pm and 4pm-8pm
- Sunday, December 3rd, 1pm-7pm
- Thursday, December 7th, 4pm -7pm
- Friday, December 8th, 4pm-8pm
- Saturday, December 9th, 10am-2pm and 4pm-8pm
- Sunday, December 10th, 1pm-7pm
- Monday, December 11th, 4pm-7pm - FREE skating sponsored by Swiss Bear
- Tuesday, December 12th, 4pm-7pm
- Wednesday, December 13th, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday, December 14th, 4pm-7pm
- Friday, December 15th, 4pm-8pm
- Saturday, December 16th, 10am – 2pm and 4pm-8pm
- Sunday, December 17th, 1pm-7pm
- Monday, December 18th, 4pm-7pm - FREE skating sponsored by New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce
- Tuesday, December 19th, 4pm-7pm
- Wednesday, December 20th, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday, December 21st, 4pm-7pm
- Friday, December 22nd, 4pm-8pm
- Saturday, December 23rd10am-2pm and 4pm-9pm
- Sunday, December 24th, CLOSED
- Monday, December 25th, CLOSED
- Tuesday, December 26th, CLOSED
- Wednesday, December 27th, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday, December 28th, 4pm-7pm
- Friday, December 29th, 4pm-8pm
- Saturday, December 30th, 10am – 2pm and 4pm – 8pm
- Sunday, December 31st, 1pm - 7pm
Waiver can be filled out online in advance.
New Bern Parks & Recreation's ice skating rink opens in November each year, just in time for the holiday season. This rink is not refrigerated and can be set up no matter the temperature outside.
The rink can accommodate 40-50 skaters at a time. Parks & Recreation staff have skates available for rent in children and adult sizes, on a first come, first serve basis. Participants are welcome to bring their own ice skates, but roller skates, in-line skates and skateboards are not permitted (only ice skates!). All participants will be required to complete a liability waiver and adhere to rules for safe skating. Skating will be offered in 30-minute sessions. The fee to skate for a session is $5, which includes skate rental.
The schedule for the ice skating rink during the holiday season will be listed on this webpage, as well as on the City of New Bern Parks & Recreation Facebook page.
For the last several years, Union Point Park has transformed into a winter wonderland, complete with festive lights and holiday shapes, and the ice skating rink adds to the appeal of New Bern’s many events leading up to Christmas.
Additional announcements regarding the ice skating rink, including special skate nights and expanded operational hours, will be announced on the Parks & Recreation website and on Parks & Recreation’s Facebook page @newbernpr. The City invites residents, visitors, friends and families to lace up their skates this holiday season and join us for ice skating at Union Point Park!