Search Search Toggle
Slider Accent

Frequently Asked Questions

This page is dedicated to address frequently asked questions and provide answers. Please click on the link below for general topic areas: 

Extra Duty
The Off Duty Officer Services link provides answers to questions on requesting an off-duty officer for your special event.

Communications Unit
Field Feedback Report Communication

The ABC Permit link provides information on how to apply for alcohol-involved permits. The link will also direct you back to the NC ABC Permit Wizard for additional information for a one-time, special event, retail, and commercial permits.

The Downtown Parking link provides information on how to pay a ticket, appeal a ticket, provides a parking map and answers questions on daily and leased parking spots. 

Technology and Records Unit
The Ride A Long Program link provides information on the requirements that individuals must meet prior to obtaining authorization to ride with a police officer. 

Police Reports
To request a copy of a police report, (Case/Incident/Accident) please contact the Technology and Records Unit.  Or, please check the following website to obtain a completed crash report (uncertified): https://newbern.ecrash.interplat.  *Information in these reports are derived from the NC DMV-349 completed by the New Bern Department and is public record pursuant to North Carolina General Statute 132-1.4 with protected information redacted (removed). The Crash Report site provides a method to print the copy of what is provided or to save it electronically in a PDF format. If you require a certified copy of an NC DMV-349, these are not available through the New Bern Police Department and you must obtain it through the North Carolina Department of Transportation site linked here under the heading “Crash Report Form” and follow the instructions provided there.