Online Police Reporting System
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
If you have a crime to report or you would like to make us aware of an issue in the community, please call us at (252)633-2020 or use the form below.
Our online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of it at no charge. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police reporting is right for you:
- This is NOT an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the New Bern City limits.
- There are no known suspects.
- This incident did not occur on a State-maintained highway.
If all of the above statements are correct, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- If you have any questions regarding this online reporting system, please feel free to contact New Bern Communications at: (252)633-2020 (24 hours a day), or the New Bern Police Department Records Division at: (252)672-4100 (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm).
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- Have questions about Identity Theft? Visit www.ftc.gov/idtheft for more information and guidance.
- Damage to Motor Vehicle
- Damage to Property
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Lost/Missing Property