Support Services encompasses all services that are not typically provided by the Patrol Operations, Criminal Investigations Units, or the Office of Professional Standards. Kathleen Broome is the Civilian Unit Supervisor in this department.
Technology and Records Unit
The Technology and Records Unit consists of a supervisor and three authorized Police Service Technicians. Their primary duties include:
- Front desk staffing: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Data entry and verification for records management.
- Providing data to the State Bureau of Investigation.
- Preparing statistical data relating to criminal activity trends.
- Providing reports to officers upon request.
- Providing criminal records checks.
- Receiving taxicab permits.
- Maintaining Warrants and Court Orders.
- Serving subpoenas.
- Assist the general public and complete minor reports.
- Answering the telephone switchboard.