Craven County COVID-19 Case Update for the Week of January 8th
CarolinaEast & Local Providers Begin Phase 1b of Vaccination Plan
CARTS Transit Fares Temporarily Suspended thru June 2021
SBA COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Loans Extended thru December 2021
Request a Payment Plan for Your Utility Bill
Need Help Paying Your Utility Bill? Local Resources Listed Here
Click here to Apply for Unemployment
Apply for a Street Cafe Permit
Apply for a COVID-19 Small Business Loan (Swiss Bear/NB Chamber)
Business Link NC: Relief Resources, 800-228-8443, Lenders, grants, layoff aversion, unemployment insurance claims
- All City offices are open to the public. By executive order, all visitors are required to wear a face covering when visiting city offices. Signs encouraging the wearing of face coverings are posted along with the "Know Your Ws" (Wear. Wait. Wash.) flyer. Although appointments are not necessary, our departments can be reached at the following phone numbers if visitors would like to make an appointment ahead of their arrival.
- City Hall, 300 Pollock Street, (252)636-4000
- Public safety facilities:
- New Bern Police: 601 George Street & 3134 US Hwy 17 Business (252)633-2020 non-emergency; dial 911 in an emergency.
- New Bern Fire-Rescue: 1401 Neuse Blvd, 3101 Elizabeth Avenue & 800 W. Thurman Road, (252)639-2931 non-emergency: dial 911 in an emergency. Friday child safety seat checks have resumed. These seat checks are by appointment only . Call (252)639-2931 to make an appointment.
- Customer & Payment Services, 606 Ft. Totten Drive, (252)639-2750
- Parks & Recreation Administration, 1307 Country Club Road, (252)639-2901. For cemetery services, call (252)639-2904.
- Development Services, 303 First Street, (252)639-7581.
- Human Resources, 303 First Street, (252)639-7571
- Downtown parking enforcement has resumed. Parking is enforced Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm. Temporary modifications have been made to accommodate curbside pickup of restaurant orders.
- Street Cafe Permits are now available for restaurants who wish to serve patrons outdoors during the State's reopening plan. Visit the Public Works Streets Division webpage for an application and information on the City's amended ordinance. Restaurants with sufficient greenspace or parking lots may also serve outdoors with an approved site plan. Call Development Services (252)639-7581 for information.