9/25/2020 Daily Case Count of COVID-19 in Craven County
Request a Payment Plan for Your Utility Bill
Need Help Paying Your Utility Bill? Local Resources Listed Here
Click here to Apply for Unemployment
Apply for a Street Cafe Permit
Apply for a COVID-19 Small Business Loan (Swiss Bear/NB Chamber)
SBA: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources and FACT SHEET on Economic Injury Disaster Loans
Business Link NC: Relief Resources, 800-228-8443, Lenders, grants, layoff aversion, unemployment insurance claims
- All City offices: At the direction of the city manager, all City offices will be open to visitors on Monday, September 14th. All visitors will be required to wear a face covering when entering city offices pursuant to Governor Roy Cooper's Executive Order No. 163. Signs encouraging the wearing of face coverings will be posted at city offices along with the "Know Your Ws" (Wear. Wait. Wash.) flyer. Although appointments are not necessary, our departments can be reached at the following phone numbers if visitors would like to make an appointment ahead of their arrival.
- City Hall, 300 Pollock Street, 252)636-4000
- Public safety facilities:
- New Bern Police: 601 George Street & 3134 US Hwy 17 Business (252)633-2020 non-emergency; dial 911 in an emergency.
- New Bern Fire-Rescue: 1401 Neuse Blvd, 3101 Elizabeth Avenue & 800 W. Thurman Road, (252)639-2931 non-emergency: dial 911 in an emergency.
- Utility Business Office, 606 Ft. Totten Drive, (252)639-2750
- Parks & Recreation Administration, 1307 Country Club Road, (252)639-2901. For cemetery services, call (252)639-2904.
- Development Services, 303 First Street, (252)639-7581. For permitting & inspection questions, call (252)639-2942 or 2945. Planning & zoning questions can be directed to (252)639-7581 or 7587.
- Human Resources, 303 First Street, (252)639-7571
- Downtown parking enforcement will resume on Monday, September 14. Parking will be enforced Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm. Temporary modifications have been made to accommodate curbside pickup of restaurant orders. Click here to see the temporary parking modifications.
- Street Cafe Permits are now available for restaurants who wish to serve patrons outdoors during the State's reopening plan. Visit the Public Works Streets Division webpage for an application and information on the City's amended ordinance. In the downtown area, the City has agreed to close portions of streets on Friday & Saturday nights from 5pm-11pm so that tables & chairs may be set up for outdoor dining. These street closures include: 200-300 blocks of Middle Street, 200 block of Craven Street from Morgan's Tavern & Grill to Pollock Street, and the 300 block of Pollock Street. Restaurants with sufficient greenspace or parking lots may also serve outdoors with an approved site plan. Call Development Services (252)639-7581 for information.