Recent state guidance urges people who have not been vaccinated to protect themselves and their families by getting the shot. The vaccination prevents serious illness, hospitalizations and death, even with the Delta variant, and slows community spread. If you are not vaccinated, you need to continue practicing the 3 W's: Wash your hands often, Wear a mask in all indoor public settings, and Wait six feet apart in all public settings. In addition, you should not gather with unvaccinated people who do not live with you. You should not travel.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that people who live in areas with high or substantial levels of transmission wear a mask in indoor public settings, even if you are vaccinated. Everyone should still wear a mask in health care settings, public transportation, large crowded indoor venues, and indoor places with large numbers of children. All K-12 schools should require universal masking, per the CDC's updated guidance.
Federal Assistance for Low-Moderate Income Households with Delinquent Bills Due to COVID:
- Open to City of New Bern residents who meet eligibility requirements
- Federal funds from US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
- Immediate assistance for rent, mortgage & utility assistance as well as homelessness prevention
- Contact Religious Community Services (252)633-2767 or Catholic Charities (252)638-2188 to apply
Call 1-888-600-1685 if you need childcare for school-aged children. (English, Spanish)
SBA COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Loans Extended thru December 2021
Request a Payment Plan for Your Utility Bill
Need Help Paying Your Utility Bill? Local Resources Listed Here
Click here to Apply for Unemployment
Apply for a Street Cafe Permit
Apply for a COVID-19 Small Business Loan (Swiss Bear/NB Chamber)
Business Link NC: Relief Resources, 800-228-8443, Lenders, grants, layoff aversion, unemployment insurance claims
- All City offices are open to the public. Although appointments are not necessary, our departments can be reached at the following phone numbers if visitors would like to make an appointment ahead of their arrival.
- City Hall, 300 Pollock Street, (252)636-4000
- Public safety facilities:
- New Bern Police: 601 George Street & 3134 US Hwy 17 Business (252)633-2020 non-emergency; dial 911 in an emergency.
- New Bern Fire-Rescue: 1401 Neuse Blvd, 3101 Elizabeth Avenue & 800 W. Thurman Road, (252)639-2931 non-emergency: dial 911 in an emergency. Friday child safety seat checks have resumed. These seat checks are by appointment only . Call (252)639-2931 to make an appointment.
- Customer & Payment Services, 606 Ft. Totten Drive, (252)639-2750
- Parks & Recreation Administration, 1307 Country Club Road, (252)639-2901. For cemetery services, call (252)639-2904.
- Development Services, 303 First Street, (252)639-7581.
- Human Resources, 303 First Street, (252)639-7571
- Downtown parking enforcement has resumed. Parking is enforced Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm. Temporary modifications have been made to accommodate curbside pickup of restaurant orders.