Under guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can safely do most activities without wearing a mask or without social distancing from others. As a result of that guidance, the North Carolina Governor has issued a new Executive Order (#215) to remove its indoor mask mandate for most settings. Additionally, mass gathering limits and social distancing requirements have been lifted across the state. See Exec. Order 215 Frequently Asked Questions here.
Federal Assistance for Low-Moderate Income Households with Delinquent Bills Due to COVID:
- Open to City of New Bern residents who meet eligibility requirements
- Federal funds from US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
- Immediate assistance for rent, mortgage & utility assistance as well as homelessness prevention
- Contact Religious Community Services (252)633-2767 or Catholic Charities (252)638-2188 to apply
COVID-19 Testing Who can get tested? How can I get tested?
Call 1-888-600-1685 if you need childcare for school-aged children. (English, Spanish)
CARTS Transit Fares Temporarily Suspended thru June 2021
SBA COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Loans Extended thru December 2021
Request a Payment Plan for Your Utility Bill
Need Help Paying Your Utility Bill? Local Resources Listed Here
Click here to Apply for Unemployment
Apply for a Street Cafe Permit
Apply for a COVID-19 Small Business Loan (Swiss Bear/NB Chamber)
Business Link NC: Relief Resources, 800-228-8443, Lenders, grants, layoff aversion, unemployment insurance claims
- All City offices are open to the public. Although appointments are not necessary, our departments can be reached at the following phone numbers if visitors would like to make an appointment ahead of their arrival.
- City Hall, 300 Pollock Street, (252)636-4000
- Public safety facilities:
- New Bern Police: 601 George Street & 3134 US Hwy 17 Business (252)633-2020 non-emergency; dial 911 in an emergency.
- New Bern Fire-Rescue: 1401 Neuse Blvd, 3101 Elizabeth Avenue & 800 W. Thurman Road, (252)639-2931 non-emergency: dial 911 in an emergency. Friday child safety seat checks have resumed. These seat checks are by appointment only . Call (252)639-2931 to make an appointment.
- Customer & Payment Services, 606 Ft. Totten Drive, (252)639-2750
- Parks & Recreation Administration, 1307 Country Club Road, (252)639-2901. For cemetery services, call (252)639-2904.
- Development Services, 303 First Street, (252)639-7581.
- Human Resources, 303 First Street, (252)639-7571
- Downtown parking enforcement has resumed. Parking is enforced Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm. Temporary modifications have been made to accommodate curbside pickup of restaurant orders.