Citizens Online Police Reporting System
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
If you have a crime to report or you would like to make us aware of an issue in the community, please call us at (252)633-2020 or use the form below. Or, click here to submit a tip. Include as many details as you can, such as the physical address and names of any known persons. Include your contact information so we can follow up with you directly. You can remain anonymous if you choose.
Our online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of it at no charge. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police reporting is right for you:
- This is NOT an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the New Bern City limits.
- There are no known suspects.
- This incident did not occur on a State-maintained highway.
If all of the above statements are correct, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- If you have any questions regarding this online reporting system, please feel free to contact New Bern Communications at: (252)633-2020 (24 hours a day), or the New Bern Police Department Records Division at: (252)672-4100 (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm).
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- Have questions about Identity Theft? Visit www.ftc.gov/idtheft for more information and guidance.
Using the New Bern Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System, you can report the following incidents: