The City collects Bulk Waste and yard debris on the same day if placed out correctly on the premises near the street curb-line or right-of-way on which the residential property fronts . Click this link and type in your address to find out your scheduled pickup day, or call Public Works at (252)639-7501.
- Appliances such as freezers, refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters: remove doors or secure doors in a manner that ensures no access to the item. We accept furniture such as sofas, tables and mattresses and small appliances such as microwaves, toasters and vacuums. Paint cans that are empty and have lids removed (paint must be dried out) are also acceptable. Tires that have been separated from rim are acceptable as well as clothing that has been bagged (no trash sticker is required for bagged clothing). Check with local charities regarding donation of clothing.
- No electronics (computers, televisions, printers, etc...) will be collected. Tires on rim, partially filled paint cans, propane tanks, and other hazardous material is unacceptable.
- Any demolition or construction debris: large amounts of lumber; carpet, carpet padding, or other flooring materials are unacceptable. Treated, painted, or stained wood; treated lumber used in gardens; mirrors, glass, toilets, cement, concrete or brick items, roofing shingles, sheet rock, fencing, window frames, doors and railroad ties are also unacceptable. Demolition, remodeling or construction debris should be removed by the contractor or homeowner. Homeowner may take debris it to one of the Craven County's convenience centers (252-636-6659 / cravencountync.gov).
- Bulk waste from commercial businesses or contractors will not be collected.
- Bulk or yard waste having any unacceptable items mixed in will not be collected.
Place bulk waste out by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled day in sorted neat pile away from your residential service carts, vehicles, guide wires, trees, fences and away from power or utility sources (in ground or overhead). Do not place in the street or on the sidewalk.
Leaf & Limb and Bulk Waste Schedule & Pickup
This service is available November through February. To find out which zone you're in, click here. For a calendar of pickup days for your area, click here or call Public Works at (252)639-7501.
Loose Leaf Route Map & Pickup Zones